Facebook, one of the most popular social media platforms, has a plenty of amazing features that set it apart from other social media platforms.
The Facebook dating feature is one such example. You’re already aware of how difficult it is to find love these days.
Hence, many people depend on online dating platforms to connect with single guys and ladies near them.
One of the disadvantages of some of those platforms is that you pay or buy credits to keep using the platform.
The good news is that if Facebook has designed their own platform to be free of charge, you no longer need to pay money to access a richly parked online dating platform.
The Facebook dating app is a feature designed into the existing Facebook app, that allows users to find love.
Users can make use of filters for results based on the number of children, location, age, religion or height.
The dating app feature also matches you with others within a 100 km range. You can find love on the app through what you love and people who like what you like that would be matched with you.
Facebook Dating App
The Facebook dating app operates like an independent app, with all the features that an online dating platform should have.
However, it is not a different app from the existing Facebook app. To access the Facebook dating app feature, you will still have to use your existing Facebook app.
Dating Tips on Facebook
Using the Facebook dating app is easy and free, however, there are a few things that you should keep watch of while using the Facebook dating app.
- Share things carefully and that includes not sharing your last name, financial information, email, number, address, etc.
- Be on the watch out for scams because they use fake or compromised accounts to communicate.
- Do not send your money.
- Get to know people better.
- When meeting someone do it in public and make sure to information famil or friend.
- If you feel uncomfortable or unsafe by chatting with someone, you can still block or report them.
- Contact your local police authorities for assistance if you or someone you know has been a victim of a crime or is in urgent danger. If you ever feel under pressure or uneasy, you can:
- Finish the date and make your own arrangements for getting home.
- Anyone who makes you feel uneasy should be blocked.
- Anyone you suspect of being suspicious should be reported.
- when meeting with your date for the first time, ensure you meet in an open place.
How to Create a Facebook Account
As I mentioned earlier, the Facebook dating app is for those who have a Facebook account already. Hence, If you don’t have an account with Facebook, you will need to create one before accessing the Facebook dating app.
- Go to www.facebook.com/r.php.
- Enter your name, email or mobile phone number, password, date of birth and gender.
- Click Sign Up.
- To finish creating your account, you need to confirm your email or mobile phone number.
How To Login Facebook
Now that you have created a Facebook account, you will have to log in to your Facebook account to get started with Facebook dating.
- Open the Facebook app.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Enter your password and tap login.
- How to Access Facebook Dating
Facebook Dating Profile – How to create
To use the Facebook dating app, first ensure you update your Facebook iOS or Android app to ensure you’re running the latest version of the app.
You will find the Facebook dating app on your Facebook Homepage after you have logged into your Facebook account. It is a read heart icon.
Next, click on the red heart icon to opt into Facebook Dating and create a Dating profile.
Your Facebook dating profile is separate from your main Facebook account profile.
You will be able to fill in personal details about yourself, like height, religion, job title, degrees and education, whether you have children, etc.
Facebook may also suggest photos and information from your Facebook profile, which you can edit or remove when creating your dating profile.
Also See: Why Facebook Is a Perfect Platform for Getting a Date
Note: You must be 18 years or older to use Facebook Dating.
When Facebook Dating Doesn’t Work, Here’s What to Do
In order to get Facebook Dating to work properly, follow these steps:
- If you can’t find Facebook Dating, you’ll need to upgrade your Facebook smartphone application to the most current update. To get all of your apps fully updated, you may turn on automatic updates for iOS and Android devices.
- Ensure your Wi-Fi connection is working. You may need to fix your wireless router if you’re linked to a Wifi hotspot and having issues with other apps. If you have a cellular data plan, there are a few things you can do to get your mobile data functional again.
- Allow notifications from the Facebook app. Set up an exemption for Facebook or set notifications upon if you’ve disabled app notifications.
- You may remove app notifications from your home screen on iPhones and Android smartphones by customizing notifications.
- Clear the cache on your iPhone or your Android smartphone. Data is stored on your smartphone to help applications work efficiently, but this data might become damaged and end up causing apps to stop functioning properly. Any issues can be resolved by deleting the cache on your iPhone or Android phone.
- If other people are having issues with Facebook, there’s probably little you can do but wait until it’s fixed.
- On iPhones and Android devices, closing apps can sometimes correct minor issues that cause functionalities to disappear.
- Restart your d smartphone. Many computer issues can be resolved by restarting the machine. Check to see if turning your device off and on addresses the problem.
- Uninstall the Facebook app and reinstall it. Remove the application from your iOS or Android device and reinstall it from the Playstore or App Store.
- Visit the Facebook Help Center for assistance. If you’re still having trouble using Facebook Dating and no one else seems to be having problems, you can contact Facebook’s technical support staff.
That’s all on Facebook dating app feature. I hope this helps?
If you like this article, please share it with your friends using any of the sharing buttons below.
Leave a Reply