Dating on Facebook Singles Application – Did you know that Facebook has recently launched a dating platform or service that anyone (18+) can use for free?
Facebook has launched a new feature known as “Facebook Dating.” It is a space where users 18 years of age and older can find love and romantic partners or companions.
The Facebook dating site is different from other dating sites, which you could find intriguing. You don’t have to pay a dime to utilize the Facebook dating app. Registration and use of all features on the platform are free of charge.
The Facebook Dating app is free for all Facebook users. However, it is not available in all locations, given the fact that it is a relatively new feature. That notwithstanding, there are still dating groups that you can join on Facebook if the feature is not available in your location.
Moreover, the Facebook Dating app is not a stand-alone app; hence, it cannot be downloaded separately. In other words, it’s a feature in the Facebook mobile app, so you can only access it via your Facebook mobile app (latest version).
Features of the Facebook Dating app
Here are some of the major features of the Facebook Dating app:
- The profiles are listed on a first-name basis. Facebook Dating app users are expected to fill in their location, gender, religion, height, and other private information, similar to other dating apps.
- Users may select the sexual orientation they are interested in, including gay, lesbian, transexual, etc.
- Users may add as many as nine photos to their dating profiles.
- For Facebook’s algorithm to identify potential dating matches, users will be asked an ice-breaking question.
- Facebook Dating is quite similar to other dating apps. There is a feature for you to search for those who live nearby and find those who may have similar orientations, interests, or looks.
- There is also the added feature of finding matches in other cities.
- One major difference is the absence of the swipe button. Instead, there’s the heart or ‘X.’ The former indicates interest, while the latter indicates non-interest.
- The app draws its functionality from Tinder. Tinder users will likely have no problem using the app. The pairing and controls of Facebook dating are quite similar to Tinder.
- The Secret Crush feature allows you to pair with people you may admire and wouldn’t want them to know.
- No advertisements or annoying pop-up ads.
- It is optional for Facebook users.
- The dating profile is separate from the original or normal Facebook profile.
- Many gender identities are accepted in the app, including transgender people.
- There is an SMS feature.
- The Facebook dating app is easy to operate and free of charge.
Dating on Facebook Singles Application
The Facebook dating app provides users with a unique platform to explore romantic connections and build relationships within the Facebook community.
This dedicated dating app is free to use and requires you to create a separate dating profile.
One of the notable features of the Facebook dating app is its ability to match users based on their preferences and interests. During the profile creation process, you have the opportunity to specify your preferences to ensure suitable matches.
What makes this app intriguing is that your existing Facebook friends are not readily visible unless they happen to be your secret crush. The “Secret Crush” feature allows you to discreetly express your interest in up to nine friends on Facebook or Instagram.
If you and your secret crush both indicate mutual interest, Facebook will notify you, providing an exciting opportunity to explore a potential connection.
How to Use the Facebook Singles Application
The Facebook Dating app enables singles to date online. So, in this post, we’ll show you how to use the Facebook dating app effectively.
Note: Facebook Dating is only available on the Facebook apps for Android and iPhone. You won’t be able to access Facebook Dating on your computer.
The first step to using the Facebook Dating app is to have a Facebook account. If you don’t, you will have to create one. But if you already have a Facebook account, then you just need to create your Dating profile to start using the Facebook Dating app.
How to Create a Facebook Dating Profile
Before you create your profile, turn on Location Services for Facebook. Dating uses location services to suggest matches based on your distance preferences.
Note: If you delete your Dating profile, you can’t make a new one for seven (7) days.
Here is a step-by-step procedure on how to create your Facebook Dating profile:
- Open your Facebook mobile app.
- Tap the hamburger menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the bottom-right corner of the screen (iPhone) or in the top-right corner of the screen (Android).
- Then tap Dating.
- Tap Get Started, and continue through the questions. Make your selections and tap Next, or you can tap Skip to move to the next question.
- Review your profile details, then tap Confirm.
- To complete your profile and add more details and pictures, tap one:
- Preview suggested profile: to automatically use information and pictures from your Facebook Profile.
- Complete profile manually: to add details and pictures yourself.
As soon as your dating profile has been created, you will find a display of several matches that the Facebook algorithm suggests. Find a dating match and begin to create a relationship.
Additionally, you can specify your match criteria in the dating settings.
Also see: How to Find Singles Free on Facebook
Facebook Dating Security Tips
Here are a few Facebook Dating security tips:
Meet during the day and in public:
Meet in a well-lit public area. To be on the safe side, don’t agree to meet at the person’s house or yours, a parking garage or anywhere private.
A bustling afternoon coffee shop or eatery may not be private, but if a dangerous situation occurs, others will be present.
Inform a Friend:
Make sure at least one person, if not more, knows where you’re going and who you’ll be seeing. It’s also a smart idea to know your date’s first and last name before you connect.
Have or make arrangements for your own mode of transport:
I don’t recommend letting your date pick you up at the start. For whatever reason, you may not want him/her to know your address if things don’t work out well with him/her.
A car or money for a taxi should be available in case you need to leave the venue right away for whatever reason.
Keep yourself sober:
When you’re drunk or drugged, you’re more likely to be the victim of a mugging or other violent crime.
Avoiding alcohol and drugs will help you keep your cool and maintain your mental clarity.
Here are a few other things you should note:
- Do not include your last name, financial information, email, home address, phone number, place of work or any other identifying information in your Facebook Dating profile or chat messages with someone.
- Report or block anyone who asks you to share this kind of personal information or anyone you feel is suspicious. Facebook won’t let the person know who reported them.
- Avoid physically meeting up with people you just met on the platform at an undisclosed venue.
- Always intimate someone before you have a physical date with someone you met online, like your friends, family, or even both. This is to keep them notified in case of any eventualities.
- Do not give out your financial details, like account number, PIN, or any other details that can be used to your detriment.
- You should chat and date online for some time before you meet up physically to get to know each other better.
Best Facebook Singles Application Alternatives
Tinder is a location-based dating app that has exploded in popularity. It pioneered the “swipe right” concept, in which you swipe to match or skip someone. The left arrow is like swiping to the right while running Tinder on a PC.
Unlike many other dating platforms, which seem to uncover a few matches and then make you wait longer for newbies, you’ll almost certainly find other users on the website, regardless of your location.
You can get anyone anywhere from 1-100 km away using the filtering option, and if you don’t find results, you can use the worldwide feature to search for people worldwide.
Here are a few more noteworthy features:
- Specify the age range as anything between 18 and 55 years old.
- To prevent matches from knowing when you’ve seen their messages, turn off read receipts. switch off the status of being recently active,
- Tinder will intelligently pick the optimal image to show users if you utilize Smart Photos.
- You can hide if you’re chatting with someone and don’t wish to be paired with anyone else. You can also share GIFs and contact details via text.
Plenty of Fish
Plenty of Fish is among the world’s biggest dating platforms, with roughly 3 million people logging in daily.
It employs an “advanced matching technology” called Ultra Match to discover suitable users in your location and identify the best matches, particularly for you.
You’re given a few really direct questions about yourself shortly after you sign up, which is fantastic for discovering matches but not so good if you genuinely want to register to meet people immediately.
If you’re not a big fan of going on a date straight at the beginning of a relationship, Meetup can help you make friends first.
This isn’t your standard dating service because, unlike Tinder and other similar sites, it isn’t focused on seeking people to go on a date with.
It is, nevertheless, a terrific way to meet individuals who share your interests, from hiking to social clubs, learning languages, and anything else in between.
There are groups in your community for almost every hobby or passion, and many friendships and connections are formed from these casual get-togethers.
You can even look for singles and see if a group is dedicated to them. Better still, you can use the search feature to find Meetup groups anywhere, starting as close as 2 miles away.
You may also sort by date and via online or in-person meetings.
BlackPeopleMeet is among the most popular dating platforms for black and biracial singles looking for love. According to the latest stats, the app connects over 5 million users each month. It has an overall rating of 4.1 across all platforms.
With its unique dating network, BlackPeopleMeet encourages singles who share similar passions, experiences, beliefs, and viewpoints, enabling thousands of connections.
Enjoying what happens on the dating platform requires a subscription to interact with or chat on the app. With that, you can connect with gorgeous and serious singles.
We hope you find this information helpful. Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to drop any questions, comments, or contributions regarding this article in the comment section below.