Facebook, as you might have known by now, is the world’s most popular social media and allows individuals, businesses, organizations and institutions to interact and express their views with one another. A good way of interacting via Facebook is by transacting — selling and buying goods. This feature is known as the Facebook Marketplace. This feature is widely used on the internet and it marks Facebook’s entrance into the e-commerce industry.
The Facebook marketplace is conducive and easy-to-use. It is similar to the physical marketplace where goods are sold and bought. On the Facebook marketplace, everyone is free to explore goods and items they intend to buy or purchase.
What Does the Facebook Marketplace App Do?
Facebook Marketplace App is an online marketplace that brings together social media users, regardless of their location, to transact, purchase and sell products. Facebook marketplace is a platform where goods and prices are put on display, buyers can search for the goods and indicate interest or make enquiries via conversation. The actual transaction is carried on outside the Facebook Marketplace application. Here’s how the Facebook marketplace can aid you :
- Explore items for sale.
- Search or filter items on sale by place or category.
- Produce the images and the items intended for sales.
- Peg whatever price for each item you want to sell.
- Create conservation with buyers or sellers via chat.
- A display of all the previous transactions.
Please note that the Facebook app is not responsible for the whole transaction — the customers, users, buyers and sellers are expected to take care of the transaction by themselves.
Who Can Use this Facebook Marketplace App?
If you are above the age of 18 years of age, you are eligible to use the Facebook Marketplace app. The app can be accessible to both apple and android OS phones. The Facebook Marketplace app is one of the best platforms to freely sell, purchase and exchange goods.
There is no Facebook Marketplace for desktops or PCs yet but Facebook is currently working on it.
How to Use Facebook Marketplace App
How to Browse And Use the Marketplace
- Access the Facebook app.
- Go to the top of the newsfeed.
- Next, ensure you click on the icon that looks like a store.
- You can tap on the “Categories”.
- Pick whichever the kinds of item you intend to view.
- Browse the marketplace for any item you need.
- To get more information, click on your choice item.
- Click on “ASK FOR DETAILS”.
- If you are really interested in the product and want to purchase it, click on “Message”.
- Click on “Save”.
How to Sell on the Facebook Marketplace
- Open the Facebook app and click on the Store icon at the top of the page.
- At the top left side, click on “Sell”.
- Select a type or category for the product you want to sell.
- Add the images of the items you have on sale.
- Type a title for the item.
- Enter the price of items.
- Click on “NEXT”.
- Make a choice of the groups you would like to advertise your marketplace to
- Click on “POST”.