With Facebook’s latest feature, “Facebook Dating,” getting a romantic partner or lover is no longer a hassle.
Unlike other dating platforms, Facebook dating is free. You get access to millions of singles without paying a penny. All you have to do is sign up a new Facebook account, and you are game!
It is also easier to find singles on Facebook Dating compared to other dating sites. All you need to do is create a dating profile, and you are good to go. Sounds easy, right? Of course, it is.
Here is everything you need to know about Facebook dating.
What Is Facebook Dating and How Does It Work?
Facebook Dating is a platform that uses social media channels to help people find love. There is no need to create a separate dating account.
Facebook analyzes your existing profile data to suggest potential dates based on common preferences. Anyone with Facebook Dating turned on will be able to view your profile as well.
You can’t chat with other users unless you have a mutual interest in one another, just like Bumble and Tinder’s dating features.
Any of your current Facebook friends will not be suggested by the app. Your dating profile will also be hidden from your contacts who utilize the tool.
On the other hand, friends can add one another to their hidden crushes list, so you might find up matching with a friend who has a crush on you.
How to Start Dating on Facebook
To start finding a match on Facebook Dating, follow these steps:
- Select Menu (three lines) in the bottom left corner of the Facebook app.
- Pick Dating.
- Get started by selecting the Get Started button. Create your Facebook dating account by following these steps:
- Your dating account will be created using data from your Facebook profile after you provide your location and upload a picture.
Facebook Dating Groups
Facebook Dating Groups are also good ways to find singles on Facebook in some countries where Facebook Dating is not supported.
These groups are not limited by age. There are groups for all ages, 20s, 30s, 40s, and beyond. This means you have no excuse whatsoever why you can’t find your match.
Aside from being a social media platform, FB is also a search engine, so when you log in to your account, go to the search bar and search “Facebook Dating Groups.”
What Is the Best Way to Hide or Delete My Facebook Dating Profile?
Facebook Dating is an opt-in application that Facebookers can unsubscribe from at any time. Follow these steps to Hide or delete your Facebook dating profile.
1. Click on the hamburger sign (three dotted lines) in the upper right corner of Facebook to access Settings.
2. Then go to the General page to see your FB Dating account settings.
3. You’ll see two options to remove your Facebook Dating profile from the app under your account. The first is called “Take a break,” and it’s exactly what it sounds like a way to put your account on hold without having to delete it. Users who pick this option will still be able to see their previous matches and chats and send direct messages to them. However, they will not receive any new matches, and their dating account will not show in any match lists.
4. Your Facebook account will not be deleted if you remove your Facebook Dating profile.
Note: Taking a break from Facebook Dating can be beneficial to your mental health. It may allow you to concentrate on a serious discussion or improve your dating profile. When you return, you’ll find a fresh batch of possible matches waiting for you.
5. If you want to delete your dating profile, click on delete dating profile. Your profile will be deleted and you will lose all your previous matches.
Dating on Facebook Canada
FB has a dating group for you regardless of your country, continent, or geographical region. Dating on FB Near Me isn’t an exaggeration.
You can get a date and start a new relationship by joining groups on Facebook near you. For instance, you can search “Facebook Dating Groups Canada” if you are from Canada.
You can search “Facebook Dating Groups Toronto” if you reside in Toronto. Facebook has a lot of features that make the use of its platform very flexible.
Best Facebook Dating Tips
Make sure you know what you want.
Online dating is much more successful when you know exactly what you’re searching for in a partner. Are you on the lookout for a long-term partner? Or do you prefer casual relationships and physical intimacy? Maybe you’re just hoping to meet fresh faces and expand your social circle.
Set a clear goal for what you want to achieve. It might even be great to try and write a little about the type of relationship you desire and who would be the best person to have it with ahead of time.
You’ll be able to be more careful while evaluating people’s profiles and deciding whether to swipe right (link up) or left (ignore) on them. Concentrate your efforts on finding people who share your dating objectives.
Create a profile that reflects your goals.
Make sure your profile is well-thought-out. A simple and funny profile can be ideal if you’re just seeking amusement.
Create a lengthy and more meaningful profile that exhibits who you are, what you enjoy doing and talking about. The type of person you want to allow into your life if you search for a genuine relationship with someone.
Messages can be sent freely.
When people initially begin online dating, they may be nervous, not desiring to post or reply to any messages that drop in their inbox. However, you won’t meet anyone until you truly become involved.
Sending a message does not imply that you desire to establish a relationship with the stranger.
So text anyone that piques your curiosity, and don’t forget to answer any message that you find fascinating or from someone who interests you.
Facebook Dating FAQ
How do you begin a chat on Facebook Dating?
Be one-of-a-kind, evoke pleasant emotions, and flaunt your appealing side. On Facebook Dating, long-form opening messages with non-physical praises, amazing personality qualities, and details about you, such as your career, interests, objectives, and passions, perform incredibly well.
What is the best way to meet a female on Facebook Dating?
To stimulate a girl’s desire for you, stimulate good emotions and maintain a flirtatious, romantic atmosphere throughout the chat.
Take the girl out as soon as she expresses interest in you. Be decisive and self-assured.
How Do I Activate Facebook Dating?
You must have an active Facebook account and need to be at least 18 years old to activate the Facebook Dating app. There is no need to set up a separate dating profile on Facebook. However, it uses the data on your existing profile to suggest potential matches who have shared interests.
Follow the instructions below to activate your Facebook Dating:
- Launch the Facebook app and select Menu (triple lines) in the top or lower-right corner. (Where the menu is placed differs by mobile platform.)
- Select Dating.
- Select Get Started. Follow the on-screen instructions to create your dating profile.
- Once you update your location and select a photo, your dating profile will be built from data from your Facebook account.
If you like this article, please share it with your friends.