Facebook Notification Settings – Facebook offers a plethora of fantastic features that make it one of the top social media platforms available today. Facebook notifications are one such feature.
The Facebook notification is a feature designed to keep Facebook users updated with activities on their Facebook accounts.
You will no longer miss any Facebook updates on your Facebook account with Facebook notifications.
Now, whether you are online or offline, you can still be updated on every activity on Facebook related to you.
If you want to know how to set up your Facebook notifications, then this article is for you. In this article, I will be showing you how to customize your Facebook notifications.
How to View your Facebook Notifications
Facebook notifies you of every activity that has a direct bearing on you, such as comments you make or are mentioned in, group activities, liked pages, or even tags. As a Facebook user, you can only access your notifications.
First, you have to create a Facebook account. To create a Facebook account, visit the official Facebook website at www.facebook.com.
After creating a Facebook account, you will have to log in to your Facebook account, open the notifications menu, select individual notifications, or view the entire archive.
Follow these steps in order to view your Facebook notifications regardless of which platform you are using, be it mobile or desktop.
- After successfully creating a Facebook account, download and open the Facebook app.
- Log into your account on the Facebook app by entering your email or phone number and password.
- Tap the login tab to continue.
- Tap the globe icon located at the top of the Facebook page, close to the human icon representing friend requests.
- Your notification history will show; tap on anyone you would love to view.
- Log in to your Facebook account via your desktop web browser
- Fill in your email address or phone number and password into the corresponding fields. Click on login to complete the process.
- On your Facebook page, click on the globe icon, which will open a drop-down list of recent notifications.
- Click see all found at the bottom of the notifications drop-down, and by clicking this, it will bring you to a list of notifications that Facebook has saved for you.
How to Turn Off Facebook Email Notifications
We thought it would be useful for you to know how to switch off Facebook email notifications because they may be a huge inconvenience.
For clarity’s sake, email notifications are Facebook updates that you receive via email.
To adjust your email notifications from Facebook:
- Click on the other options tab in the top right of your Facebook homepage.
- Select Settings and Privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Notifications on the left-hand side.
- Scroll down and select Email.
- From here, you can adjust how often you receive email notifications and what you get email notifications about.
You can also turn off Facebook email notifications by following the steps below:
- To access your Facebook options, click on this link (also found from your Facebook account Menu under Privacy & Settings.)
- Scroll to the bottom of the Email controls under “How you get Notifications” in the Notifications area (left column).
- Finally, select “Only about your Account” from the drop-down menu.
Facebook Notifications Troubleshooting
If you are not getting the notifications. Find the settings option at the top of your Facebook homepage. Then click on notifications in the top left corner of your Facebook home page.
You can access all your notifications. After opening your notifications list, right in the corner of each notification is an “X” icon. Click on it to disable future notifications from that source specifically.
You May Also Like: How To Clear Your Facebook Search History
Disabling future notifications from a single source is possible with this option. To be clear, this general notification list does not include private messages or friend requests, if that is what you’re thinking.
To view friend requests, click on the “People” icon to view a list of friend requests. Also, to view private messages click on the chatbox; this also includes Facebook chat.
Facebook ‘Notify’ App
Facebook is thrilled to announce Notify, a new app that brings you timely updates from sources you trust on pertinent or relevant topics.
Notifications are indeed an important method that individuals initially learn about things, whether they are at home, in the office, or even on the move.
It notifies individuals about important information, whether about sporting events, famous people, current events, entertainment, songs, or eCommerce, from a multitude of various sources, on the home screen.
Notify curates and publishes notifications sourced by Facebook’s launch partners, known as “sources.” The aim is to create a platform that people can use to engage with the content they care about.
The notification via Facebook is now available for iPhone users in the United States alone.
Types of Facebook Notifications
Information about what is happening on Facebook is sent through the use of notification notifications. Different platforms have different notification types available.
Notification Types on Mobile and Desktop
Notifications that show up above Notifications are known as red alert notifications. A red bubble will appear when you receive a new notification, indicating the number of new notifications you’ve received.
Notifications you receive via email are known as email notifications. More information on email notifications can be found here.
Notifications that appear when you aren’t actively using Facebook are called push notifications.
Notification Type on Desktops
When you’re logged in to Facebook, and a friend interacts with you, pop-up notifications appear on your screen (e.g. posts on your timeline). Click the notification to view the story or click the “X” to dismiss it.
Notification Type on Mobile devices
Notifications received via mobile text messaging are known as text notifications (SMS).
How to Enable or Disable Facebook Notifications
- Tap your profile photo in the top right corner of your Facebook homepage or the three dashed lines.
- Tap Settings and Privacy.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notification Settings.
- Toggle notifications on and off with a tap.
What does Facebook Notification mean?
Notifications provide updates on Facebook. You may alter what and how you’re notified by heading to your notifications settings. Depending on the device you’re using, you may receive multiple types of notifications.
How do I Control what Facebook Notifications I Receive?
You can alter what you’re notified about when you’re on and off Facebook. If you’re not using Facebook, you’ll get push notifications, but in-app notifications will appear as notification dots.
- Choose what you want to be notified about by going to Account in the top right corner of your Facebook homepage.
- Then, under Settings & Privacy, choose Settings.
- On the left, select Notifications.
- Click to customize your notification settings, including how and what you’re notified about.
Hope you find this information helpful? Please use any of the share buttons below to share this information.
Feel free to drop any questions or contributions regarding this article in the comment section below.
Facebook Notification Settings
Notification Settings In Facebook – Turn Off Facebook Dating Notification
Leave a Reply